Windsor Road Upgrade
As part of the Windsor Road upgrade, Roads and Maritime Services has widened the Windsor Road to a four-lane divided road between Mile End Road, Rouse Hill and Boundary Road, Box Hill. Construction commenced in August 2005 and all four lanes were opened to traffic in December 2006. This project was fully funded by the NSW State Government.
Upgrading this 6km section of Windsor Road has had major benefits for the local community including through traffic, congestion, travel times and safety. Local road users including pedestrians and cyclists now enjoy improved access.
Public transport has been enhanced by building bus bays and providing bus priority lanes at signalled intersections. The upgrade has provided an improved evacuation route for McGraths Hill during major flooding. This is part of the Hawkesbury-Nepean Flood Management strategy developed by the Department of Planning, Roads and Maritime Services, the Department of Community Services and the State Emergency Service.
Geo Image Services was contracted to this 5.2km road and bridge project due to its reputation as a leading surveying firm on RMS projects.
Scope of Works
- Control and boundary co-ordination
- Set up of GPS base and all machine controlled models
- Monitor embankments and structures
- All volume calculations and mass haul diagrams
- Construct 2 bridges
- Build numerous retaining walls and culverts
- Construct 5.5km of pavement and kerbs
- Supply conformance reports and design traffic switching
- Calculate all pavement and earthworks volumes
- Supply variation volumes and backup documentation
- Produce work as executed drawings
Baulderstone - RTA Contract