Prospect Raw Water Pumping Station
Geo Image Services supplied surveying services for this emergency pumping facility that provides up to 20 days’ water supply to Sydney, with flows of up to 1,400ML per day.
Geo Image Services’ expertise in GPS machine controlled management and marine works were the main reasons why the contract was awarded.
Scope of Works
- Establish survey control network
- Establish GPS base station and machine controlled management
- Develop volumetrics and 3D intake channel modelling for machine controlled construction
- Monitor 70m cofferdam
- Set out of temporary road and bridge
- Set out of permanent road and bridge
- Set out of Pumping Station to house 9 No 600kW pumps
- Set out of 230m intake channel, (70m constructed in a cofferdam, 160m constructed in the wet)
- Set out of 650m delivery main - 70m of 2550Ø steel pipe branching into twin 1800Ø cement lined RRJ steel pipes
- Soundings and as built surveys
- Work as executed plans and CAD
Sydney Catchment Authority