Glenfield Junction Joint Venture
Geo Image Services was contracted to provide surveying services for this prestigious government-initiated project that will provide essential infrastructure for south west Sydney’s growing population.
This project will provide a major link to employment hubs such as Liverpool, Parramatta and the Sydney CBD.
Geo Image Services’ dedicated survey manager collected data from the project team. This data was incorporated into the expanding ground model and design anomalies were detected prior to set out.
As the ground model was updated and issued each week in 12d, AutoCAD and MicroStation, designers consistently received the most current ground model, minimising duplications and delivering superior levels of accuracy throughout the project’s duration.
Efficient administration and planning procedures ensured resources were available and immediately deployed as required. Throughout the project Geo Image Services’ team of 40 specialised staff provided ongoing support to ensure the project was managed and executed effectively, within the allocated timeframe.
Scope of Works
- Create Survey Management Plan
- Establish control and boundaries
- Establish GPS and machine control management
- Manage updated ground model for designers
- Control DSS (detail site survey plans)
- Control and compile Permit To Disturb for work areas
- Survey control and integration of new control points into the RailCorp network
- Complete all volume calculations, mass haul diagrams and monthly updates
- Complete earthworks and retaining wall set out to accommodate the additional track
- Construct the set out of the Northern and Southern Flyovers
- Construct the Northern and Southern Viaducts
- Monitor abutments, embankments and existing rail in construction zones of influence
- Construct new platform and Glenfield Station upgrade
- Complete all documentation in accordance with client’s project specifications
Macmahons Bouygues TCA Alliance