Inner West Light Rail Extensions
This 5.6 km light rail extension will run along the former Rozelle freight rail corridor to Dulwich Hill. It will connect to the existing light rail service that operates from Central to Lilyfield.
Geo Image Services was contracted by John Holland to provide all surveying services for this large-scale infrastructure project.
Geo Image Services played a key role in updating and developing the ground model that enabled designers to finalise detailed design work and to complete construction planning.
With a precise survey control network implemented, the project was effectively fast-tracked. During construction, Geo Image Services, armed with the latest technology and an experienced team, together with John Holland, identified and solved all design issues, eliminating downtime, saving the client rework, time and money.
Scope of Works
- Complete survey to build 9 new light rail stops: Leichhardt North, Hawthorne, Marion, Taverners Hill, Lewisham West, Waratah Mills, Arlington, Dulwich Grove and Dulwich Hill Interchange
- Construct 2 new substations to supply power to light rail vehicles
- Install power, safety, communications and signaling systems
- Construct new access paths and facilities for changing between transport modes
- Construct kiss and ride parking facilities and dedicated accessible parking spaces
- Develop and implement wildlife, habitat and native vegetation protection measures along the rail corridor
- Expand the existing light rail stabling facility in Pyrmont and construct new stabling facilities at the former Rozelle Goods Yard
Rozelle to Dulwich Hill NSW
August 2012 – current